Monday, October 17

I have a feeling....

Our wedding would have been about 1,000 times more amazing if etsy and pinterest had been around. I mean, our wedding was great because at the end of the day, we were married.
A few years ago we ordered all of our Christmas presents off of etsy and I got a little obsessed, even after the presents had been given (what if I had missed something amazing?).  After seeing a few different comments about pinterest pop up here and there, I decided to check it out. At first, I enjoyed just browsing. Then I started to book mark a lot of recipes and ideas for homemade presents for Christmas. After 3 bookmark folders and 30 or so bookmarks, I thought, why am I bookmarking all of this when it's probably way easier to just pin it?! So, I asked for an invite. The sent me an email telling me I was on the waiting list for an invite! What? I boycotted the entire website for about 2 hours, then a few hours later I got my invite. I don't like things that are exclusive or websites that try to make themselves more interesting by being by invite only, so I was going to continue my boycott, but I decided that waiting a few days to accept would really get my point across to pinterest. I think they really felt my absence and may be changing their ways in the future...

1 comment:

  1. You are too funny! Pinterest is great...in the fact that it has all these wonderful ideas to share - and agreed about the wedding - mine too! But it's terrible in the amount of time it has consumed :S Make something delicious from all of those recipe ideas!

    ReplyDelete